Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What I'm Loving... Guest Bloggers!

Well, I feel like I've hit the big time. I'm having my first guest blogger today! My friend Carrie doesn't have a blog, but she does have impeccable taste! Take a look at what she's loving today:

This Wednesday I'm having a love affair with....

Pure Barre


This all started with a good friend of mine getting knocked up with twins. After her two nuggets popped out she found Pure Barre and BAM! she was back to her pre baby bod! The best thing about the work out for me is it tones my trouble areas [I would say most women's trouble areas] it burns fat in our bums, lifts and tones arms and makes our thighs thinner [hell yeah!] Its only one hour, you can go during your lunch. Think ballet, yoga and pilates mixed together. I just started a few weeks ago, I have not lost any weight yet but I do feel more toned in my legs and arms.


Tips: Wear black pants/capris, socks [make sure they match or others will judge you] and a tank top. Tell PB its your first class they are usually on the house...more deals also..for mamas, students and brides to be.


Wine Walks


Trot around your neighborhood this afternoon with wine in hand [inside a dixie cup of course] I am not in favor of anyone getting a PI so please drink responsibly :) After dinner, go explore your 'hood! It's almost Fall and walking around is always nice when its not scorching outside. I love taking a friend or my beau with me and just checking out the houses around where I live. Good way to get out of the house, have a night cap, burn off my desert and get to know my city a little better.


This picture is of my local wine market, I go here quite a bit. This is an engagement picture of a couple I know through a friend. I loved how they picked a local business for there background for the photo shoot. I am sure they walked around with some wine after.

Ducks Boots


Not just for hunters or extreme weather anymore, ladies! I often have pretty dreadful weather where I live and need to make sure I prepare each Fall/Winter for the worst. I knew I needed a good pair of snow boots...but my heart jumped when I saw images of LL Bean's Duck Boots paired with dresses, tights and leggings.


They will be perfect when I roam over to my bf's house in the snow, sledding in the park, feel like taking a stroll to get ice cream (yes, even in the dead of winter I crave a blizzards) with my lady posse or need to make an emergency trip to the grocery for popcorn and diet coke. They are a little pricey but will last forever!

Invest in some new nail colors, fancy ladies.

Try A List for a night out and about...

and Tea & Crumpets for the work week!
You will only spend a few bucks and have the rest of the season to show off your nail style.

Desserts: Good Girl or Bad Girl? Which will you be today?!

Todd made this for me about a week ago. It was fast, simple to make and cured my sweet tooth without being too bad for me. The recipe below is a little more glamours than what I had it was simply a grilled banana with a little chocolate on top. Not bad at all and HUGE bf points for him!


How to make grilled bananas: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2564

Hello, rebel lady! Welcome to my go to sweet when I need a reward or need to just feel better about the day.

Trust me, don't try to make this amazing dessert. Just find $3 and drive over to Home Made Pie and Ice Cream for a treat that will make any bad day better. The #1 (Best Seller) Dutch Apple with Caramel on top and don't skip out on a side of vanilla ice cream.


Thanks for sharing what you're loving, Carrie! I plan to eat that pie, walk around and drink wine and then burn it off at Pure Barre! Happy Hump Day, party people!

No comments:

Post a Comment