Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fall Fashion Makes Sense

Carrie is BACK! She did an amazing job last Wednesday and she has so many cute finds! And, when I thought she couldn't get any cuter, she decides to guest blog about fall fashion and how it relates to all five senses - how darling! See for yourself:

1.) See: I heart Fall colors
  

I just bought this mustard yellow scarf and it is like nothing I have seen here in Louisville. I found it on Pinterest and checked out the website. [The kicker is it’s all in German, but thanks to babelfish, it was a piece of cake]

2.) Smell: To Market, To Market I go!!

The pictures you see are from my farmers market here in Louisville, KY.


In the Highlands, we have a great community that loves local food, coffee, flowers, music and so much more.


You can witness this just by popping by our market every Saturday morning. Just throw on a sundress and shades [don't worry about your hair or make up] just bring cash and your will start to smell all the yumminess around you. Make sure your nose has it’s ‘A’ game ready, kids.



3. ) Hear: Fleet Foxes & Julie London

Fleet Foxes are a folk band that are coming to Louisville, KY soon. I just started listening to them because of this. I usually don't seek out folk bands but I am trying to listen to new bands and expand my knowledge of music. I knew I liked Old Crow Medicine Show so I thought I would give them a chance. Let me know what you think!


Julie London - Super sultry alto voice – retro, if you will. Perfect for relaxing in the tub or jean jammin’ by the fire place. To me, Fall is the perfect time to slow it down and enjoy some jazzy tunes.

4.) Taste: Your taste buds will thank you!

Alarm clock goes off!! Jump in the shower, get your outfit together, grab your purse and out the door you go. You’re a mover and a shaker!

Question: When is the last night you treated yourself to a PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE?


Better question: When was the last time your surprised your man or dear co-worker with coffee?

A small gesture will one, make you feel better and two, show the people you care about that even though your a busy lady, you took the time to think of them in the morning. Karma will reward you, doll.
5.) Touch: Warm Welcomes
Add a touch of Fall to your door. Here’s an easy to DIY project of creating your own wreath for your apartment or house. Check out my pictures!
 
I am in the process of making my own wreath right now. My good friend Amanda made the two finished wreaths before her house warming party.

It just took a trip to a fabric store/Lobby Hobby to get the materials and then you wrap the wreath with the fabric you chose.

It’s the perfect time to catch up on your Project Runway and get an idea of what you would like to place on your wreath. Good luck ladies!
Check out the tutorial here

Thanks for guest blogging again, Carrie and thanks for getting me all excited for Fall! I need that scarf asap and I can't wait until Starbucks brings back the PSL :)

No comments:

Post a Comment