Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Niagara Falls!

When I found out I'd be in Buffalo for two weeks, I was sure that I would make my way to see Niagara Falls at some point. Someone suggested that I hop on the Maid of the Mist boat, so I can get a close up view of the falls. It sounded like an okay idea... until someone reminded me that Jim & Pam got married there! That's all it took and I was IN!

I wonder if they hated the hot box ponchos as much as I did? They keep you dry but make you feel like you're trapped in a trash bag.

Oh sweet Jim, I love you.

Ahh a nice picture of this random family.

Breathtaking views! The pictures really don't do it justice. I posted a lot of pictures so check em out!





$12 well spent :) The tour happens every 15 minutes so no need to make big plans, just head over. Also, you don't need your passport because you're only "technically" in Canada.

The view from the other side wasn't as exciting but still beautiful.

View from the boat

Again, view from the boat, before we got drenched!
My coworker, and new friend, Matt!

Had to get a tourist pose! [And so did the kid next to me]

I've heard from many Buffalo residents that there are four things to do in Buffalo: Go to Niagara Falls [check], drink Canadian beer [check], Shop [check - and seriously, amazing outlet malls and regular malls. There are so many malls!], and lastly, eat Buffalo Wings. So, the last thing I need to do is try Buffalo Wings at the famous Anchor Bar! Stay tuned :)

1 comment: