Tuesday, October 4, 2011

FALL in LOVE!

Carrie is BACK for another guest post! Take a look at some of Carrie's ideas for fall fun with your significant other :)

Fall is by far my favorite time of year! Now I can relax... I don't have to worry about sweating through my sundress or have my make up melt off before I reach the car and can blast the A/C. I can stay in with the bf and get cozy or go on adventures every weekend!

It's the perfect time to go on a few AMAZING dates. I was thinking of all the exciting things I could do this Fall with Todd...please observe and start thinking of dates you could plan with your lover.

1.) Trip to an Orchard

Even though I hate to cross the state line into Indiana I will make the sacrifice this year and go to Huber's...wine tastings, pumpkin beer, hay rides, fresh flowers, concerts, cheese shop and PUMPKINS!! So many PDA photo opps!

Check out the website for Huber's

2.) Tailgating at Keeneland

Ask anyone! I am in LOVE with making the trip to Lexington each Fall for Keeneland. I get to see old friends, dress up, day drink, eat yummy foods (think tailgating goodies) and cross my fingers I win big on the ponies.

Things to know before you enter the grounds, ladies:

Keeneland's 2011 fall meeting opens Friday, Oct. 7 and continues through Saturday, Oct. 29

Gates open at 11 a.m.

Don't forget your camera. Some of the best pictures I have of friends are from Keeneland.
Be a rebel and bring a flask full of rum. Do it.

General admission is $5 per person

Post time for the first race is 1:15 p.m.; races are run approximately every half hour

Parking is free in the tailgating lot. Preferred parking is $5. Valet parking is $10. Bus parking is $10.

Always carry a few extra bucks to tip the golf cart drivers, you will thank yourself after drinking mimosas and beer all day in heels. I swear it.

Lauren Farmer helped me pick out the dress I was wearing, thank you doll! I loved it.

3.) Observe, Sniff, Taste....your vino or your man. haha! Need I say more girls? Just don't wear white and be sure to have a meal before you start drinking. Relax and have a wonderful tasting!


I'm going to be selfish here and through in some pictures of my wine tasting experience with the broads in Napa:

Chandon

Robert Mondavi

Takin' a napa in Napa

It was all a blur at Rutherford Hill :)

4.) Weekend get away, va va voom!!

Leave all the stress be hide and pack your bag for a weekend trip to a bed and breakfast with your honey. Or maybe a luxury hotel in your own city you have never stayed at..you don't have to leave town to be adventurous.


Here's a picture of 21C, Louisville's very own 90-room boutique hotel/contemporary art museum that is located downtown. Even though they didn't hire me [not bitter], I still think its a classy place stay when you're here :)

5.) Barefoot in the Park

Super easy, super sweet date idea.

Items needs: Blanket, food [simple ideas here] drinks [be sure to bring cups], and your handsome man! You could even ride your bike there...

Check out this sweet picture of a real couple in NYC!

Thanks for blogging, Carebear! I love your ideas! I'd like to add, a date to a sporting event is very fall-ish [plus, that's what I'm doing with Gregg this weekend for his birthday] - stay tuned for more posts from Carrie!

No comments:

Post a Comment