Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Back to Reality

What a weekend! Jam packed with Alabama football festivities, eating, drinking, traveling and a little bit of relaxing... oh yeah, and shopping :) If you read the blog post prior to this one, I mentioned all the plans I had for Gregg's birthday [all of them mainly revolving around food] and all of it worked out wonderfully! Dad made game day chili [amazing... still waiting on the recipe, dad] ... I made lemon squares [almost screwed them up by forgetting the eggs.. oops] ... and I made chicken tortilla soup in a crock pot [details at the bottom]

The Million Dollar Marching Band!

Birthday Stud! We dressed like Alabamians from top to bottom. We totally fit in.


I know it sounds silly to be so enamored with Crock Pots but I am. I've never owned one and didn't really know what all they could do but O.M.G

I made chicken tortilla soup yesterday and I literally put in chicken, broth, tomatoes, onion, a little garlic, chilies, corn, beans and some spices and BAM... amazing soup was ready in a few short hours. I am all about easy yet impressive dishes since I'm not the best cook. Crock Pot, I'll be purchasing you soon :) In the meantime, I'm going to drool over these easy recipes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment