Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Adventures in the Twin Cities!

As promised, I did some exploring today! I found out today that there was a 2 story Target in downtown Minneapolis so I just had to check that out. Also, I had quite a few things I needed from there so it was a win-win. Here's some fairly dangerous pictures I took while driving - I don't recommend doing that. 


 Target!


I have talked to a few people who are familiar with Minneapolis and they've given me a list of places I have to eat while I'm here... so I'm planning on slowly working through the list!
Zelo just so happened to be right across the street from Target so I went there for dinner! It's exactly my scene... swank and modern. They've also got some pretty friendly people there!

Ahhh... Ahi Tuna... I couldn't resist...
 ... and that's not a big pile of wasabi... it's wasabi MASHED POTATOES!!! I was in heaven :)
Cute little outdoor seating.. if only I had friends here to join me......... depressed. 

I mentioned in my last post that I did some research regarding where I should go during my stay here. I came across a picture of a giant cherry resting on top of a giant spoon. Obviously, I had to go there immediately.


How cool is this?! It's called the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden and it's actually a park where people actually go to run and walk their pets. It's also one of the largest sculpture parks in the country. And before today, I didn't realize that sculpture parks were a real thing. 

Tomorrow, I'm heading to the very famous Mall of America (uh oh) and I'm going to check out the new restaurant that opened today called Soul Daddy. If you watch America's Next Great Restaurant, you'll be familiar with Soul Daddy because that was the winning restaurant! I sure hope SD serves Chicken N Waffles because I'm dying to know what that's about.

Until then, cheers!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVING the post! So happy to see my recommendations made the list. Can't wait for more reviews

    ReplyDelete