Monday, May 16, 2011

Comfort

After an excrutiating 4 am wake up call this morning, I finally made it to Charlotte. Like most of my Mondays in a new city, I am exhausted. I can't wait to fall asleep in about one hour and I'm sure it'll be a struggle for me to wake up in the morning. Also, it's silly to admit but I was a little down today. I miss my boyfriend, even though I just saw him this weekend and will see him in two weeks. I miss my girlfriends, even though I just finished a string of three weekends seeing a lot of them. And I miss my family, even though I know I'll be seeing them soon.

I had a fairly rough day today [not nearly as bad as some of my days in Minneapolis, that's for sure]. Either way, I was frazzled and it was 2pm and I hadn't eaten since 5:30am. Someone in the office suggested a Japanese place so I decided to check it out. I was planning on getting sushi but then I saw a plate go by... with teriyaki chicken... with a side of... wait for it...

                                                    WHITE SAUCE!!!

If you went to Western or even have a friend that went there, you know about white sauce. I ordered it on the spot and instantly felt better. It's weird how your senses can take you back... I had my chicken bowl with my white sauce and I was home. It's also sad to admit that food can make me feel so comfortable and can bring me back to neutral. A plus in this fatty situation is that I wasn't able to eat all my food like I would have in college... those were the days of chicken bowls, egg rolls, sushi, and saki... just the chicken and white sauce today ;)

Of course I took a picture so don't be too jealous! What's your comfort food? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment