Sunday, April 24, 2011

Fantastic Nashville Weekend!

What a weekend in Nashville! My roommate and I had some upsetting news on Monday. Our beautiful, gorgeous, FANTASTIC condo is no more. Our landlord emailed us Monday afternoon and told us that we had until May 22nd to be here. Well, Ali found us a great place on Thursday so we were able to relax and enjoy our weekend! Shanny Springbreak made her way back home on Friday so we had a much needed girls night. I don't know if men truly understand how important girls nights are... They are imperative to my happiness!
 Teaching us how to dougie...
 D.Bruno!!
 So glad Shannon came back home!!
 Love you girls :)

 The Rooster had a busted foot just like Dan!
GOSSIP TIIIIME

We all woke up in pretty rough shape. Surprisingly though, Ali and I pulled ourselves together and decided to head out for lunch. Noodles and Company was having a grand opening in Green Hills so we checked it out. When we got there, we saw a sign that said "Open in 2 days" but there were people sitting outside eating. We found out that they were having a VIP event that you had to be invited to. It's probably because we're so attractive but we got the invite and had lunch for free! And it was amaaaazing [and not just because it was free].

 Can't remember what Ali got but it was yum. 
I got the veggie med and the tomato bisque... to die.

Next, we tried out a new nail spa place that had just opened [secretly hoping to have free pedicures due to the opening... no such luck]. Either way, it was fun and super relaxing :)


After our pedis, we ventured out to the mall and did some damage. Ali and I really wanted to see Water for Elephants so we had a couple of hours to kill before it started. Soooo we went shopping and had our second lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. No judgement pleeease, our first lunch was free and our second lunch was just a shared salad... 

and an appetizer... 

OKAY AND CHEESECAKE!


Water for Elephants was SOOOO GOOOD!!! I wish I would have read the book.. well, I take that back. I might have been disappointed if read the book and I was not disappointed. Rob seriously needs to ditch the Edward look and stay tan forever. YUM, add him to my list! And I could just put Reese Witherspoon in my pocket. Love her!

We rounded out the night by running to Kroger and grabbing snacks, wine and movies. Ali and I do this thing every so often where we stay in, drink wine and watching the MOST depressing movies. You should have seen us after a big bottle of wine and Nights in Rodanthe. It was a mess. 

We must be CRAZY to watch Rabbit Hole. I literally cried throughout the ENTIRE movie. It's about a couple whose 4 year old son dies in an accident and they're trying to cope. Great movie but do yourself a favor and have kleenexes close by. Oh and if you've lost a great friend, family member, etc in the past 2 or so years, do not watch. Maybe don't watch ever, now that I think about it. It was rough. Beautiful, but rough.
We watched Salt immediately after, just to erase the memory of Rabbit Hole. So great and a fun movie to round out our fun Saturday Day Date!

As if we didn't eat enough during the day... at least it was semi-healthy food :)

We woke up and headed to church this morning and ran into a few people we haven't seen in a while - one of them being Trista! We caught up and then made our way to brunch at Bosco's. 

What a fantastic weekend! Nashville, I love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment