Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Music Monday...er..Tuesday!

Trista Mabry is not just my former roommate (holla holla Hillmeade) but she's also an amazing singer/songwriter/kick-ass broad. We moved to Nashville in August 2008 and I had the pleasure of watching Trista find inspiration for some of her amazing songs. It's so cool know exactly where a song came from. Her song "Keeping Him Around" was literally about a guy that she kept around because she liked the way he sang but he was a mooch. He had no money and ate all of her food and drank all of her beer.... and that's exactly what the song is about and it's hilarious.

I've been to tons of her shows and I've watched her transform into such an amazing performer. Tonight, she played at 8 off 8th at Mercy Lounge and she was the perfect performance to kick off the night - so incredibly proud of you Trista!

Short Clip of "Too Nice"


Short Clip of "Stolen Souls"

I had a full version of Mangos in the Morning but it will not upload. Let me tell you though that it was my favorite version of that song!

 Jammin' with her new band!
 Musical Friends: Kendra, Trista and Rebecca
Woooo!!! Trista, you're a rockstar :)

No comments:

Post a Comment