Monday, April 11, 2011

April Showers Bring June Weddings!!!

The time has come people... it is officially wedding season! With that being said, I've had two fantastic showers for two FABULOUS broads this month and it's only April 11th! Cheeeck it out!

In one of my older posts, I showed a display of cocktails that I was considering for KC's shower. I asked my followers to vote and I got an overwhelming vote (ha 5 people, including my dad) for the Pear and Cranberry Bellini! I went in that direction but it wasn't exactly that drink...


I went with a standard Bellini and I added fresh raspberries - it was a hit!
I also had Riesling and Pinot Grigio for the ladies who were feeling wiiiiiine. 
Ali took care of the food and it was amazing! She had shrimp cocktail with boiled shrimp AND sauteed shrimp, chicken salad croissants, yummy fruit salad, homemade cupcakes, chocolate covered strawberries and an AMAZING goat cheese salad. 

Also, it has to be said that Ali prepared for MONTHS to get the apartment looking amazing. The walls, decor, curtains... and the list goes on.... I tried to get a picture of all of that, plus, KC looking very happy at her shower ;)
KC's shower was such a hit! We had a great time playing fun games, catching up and obviously drinking a LOT of the alcohol I provided for everyone. :)
We slowly transitioned from classy shower broads to crazy Real Housewife Bachelorettes! I've never been to an all day shower-spa day-bachelorette party and I'll have to admit, I was wondering how that would transpire.... Honestly, it went better than I could have imagined! I had a blast and I can only hope that KC loved it too! Love you, so happy for you and I'm pumped to see you as a beautiful bride on June 18th!

Jill's shower was this past Saturday and it was freakin' HOT outside! It's April... but daaaang homie it felt like the dead of summer! Besides the heat and overhearing almost every classy lady at the shower talking about their back sweat (yeah.. I'm talking to you Danielle) it was such a fun and cute shower! I showed pictures to the girls here in Athens and they agree that the scenery looks super swanky.

I stole Ali's chicken salad croissants and just added grapes and it was soooo yum! Amber made this delicious pesto pasta and there were all kinds of other yummy treats!
 This is the swanky setting for Jill's shower! Love this place!
 Such a beautiful view! Don't take a look at the construction in the background... not so cute.
 The beautiful bride opening her gifts from the girls!
Love you Jilly! So happy to be apart of your special day!! June 4th, bring it! P.S. I'll just leave out the story about my dress mishap... happy thoughts, happy thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment