Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Champaign/Champagne

If you blink, you might miss my trip to Champaign.

While I'm only here for 2 and a half days, I think it's important to clarify something. Champaign is a city in Illinois. Champagne is sparkling wine produced exclusively within the Champagne region of France. I think some of my friends think I'm just hanging around drinking "champaign" all day while I'm here. Okay, by friends, I mean Chris Steger. A direct quote from Steg, "Champaign? Where's that?! OMG, that's like your dream city! J.Roget, Andre and Cook's on the REG!"

Hope I've cleared up the confusion so I can move on to how cool Champaign is! I'll admit, it's quite drab when you first drive in. However, they have the cutest little downtown area. If it weren't so damn cold, I'd grab a latte and stroll around. But instead, I will drive straight to my hotel and change into sweats. Here are some pictures I found online. It's honestly too cold and gross out to run around taking pictures.


I obviously didn't take this shot because there's like 5 feet of snow on the ground right now. This looks nice though, gotta love cute little lights and patio seating.


I took this picture on our way to the housing fair on campus. They have a Pitaya here!

I went to Ko Fusion on Monday for $1 sushi and it was amazing. I don't have a picture.. because I ate it all before I thought of taking a picture. Typical.

Next adventure: Portland, Maine on Thursday. Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment