Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cork Dorks - Wine Tasting!

Cork Dorks - that's what they call their Tuesday night wine tasting group at The Reserve in the GSR. It's every Tuesday from 5:30 - 6:30. For only $20, you taste 4 different wines, eat a small dinner from Charlie Palmer and receive a $10 gift card for The Reserve. This past Tuesday, we tasted Pinot Noirs from around the globe. Chhhheck it out:

Wine #1 - Lai Lai from Chili. My expert wine review: Watery and weird. They saved the worst for first.

Wine #2 - Cashburn from New Zealand. My expert wine review: Awesome.
This is the pasta and duck confit salad.. can't get over how great it was!

Wine #3 - Becker Estate from Germany. My expert wine review: It was good, much better than I thought it would be... I didn't realize there were many vineyards in Germany but the wine pourer guy told me that Decanter Magazine named a German Pinot Noir the number wine. But it wasn't this wine, this one was swill compared to that wine, apparently.

Wine #4 - Four Graces from Oregon. My expert wine review: MY FAVORITE. Possibly because it was my last wine and I was semi-drunk but this really was my favorite. HELL YES AMERICA!



The Reserve is so cool. The wines are purchased by the ounce and I've already used my $10 gift card, and then some... So much for gambling in Reno, this is where all my money has gone.

Wine tasting = my new favorite sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment